Code of Conduct
A primary goal of all communities such as a development group, other(e.g. documentation, financial) contributors, users group, related events, and so on) is to be inclusive to the largest number of contributors, with the most varied and diverse backgrounds possible.
As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ability, nationality, language, age, ethnicity, socioeconomic status and religion (or lack thereof).
The mimium community strives to be:
- Prioritize Diversity. We strive to be a community that welcomes and supports people of all backgrounds and identities.
- Considerate: Your work will be used by other people, and you in turn will depend on the work of others. Any decision you take will affect users and colleagues, and you should take those consequences into account when making decisions.
- Respect other communities. mimium has been made under the influence of many preceding languages, projects, and music/sound artworks. mimium is not made for surpassing or making them obsolete. We strive to grow our community and other various communities got involved with us to be more valuable through repetetive communication.
Expected Behavior as a member of the community
- Participate in an authentic and active way. In doing so, you contribute to the health and longevity of this community.
- Exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions.
- Attempt collaboration before conflict.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert community leaders if you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of this Code of Conduct, even if they seem inconsequential.
- As the mimium community is a worldwide community, remember that people discussing with you may be using their non-primary language. Also, you need not hasitate speak your primary language if the language is not a major language used in the community.
- You are invited to use our community to share your own projects and events, commercial or noncommercial, that directly involve mimium.
- You may also share news of projects and events (for example, conferences, academic events, competitions) that are only topically related to mimium, provided that they are noncommercial.
- Avoid using the community as a platform to advertise commercial products that lack direct connections to mimium.
Unacceptable behaviors include: intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning speech or actions by any participant in our community online, at all related events and in one-on-one communications carried out in the context of community business. Community event venues may be shared with members of the public; please be respectful to all patrons of these locations.
- harmful or prejudicial verbal or written comments related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability
- inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images (including presentation slides)
- inappropriate depictions of violence (including presentation slides)
- deliberate intimidation, stalking or following
- harassing photography or recording
- sustained disruption of talks or other events
- inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behavior from any community member, including sponsors and those with decision-making authority, will not be tolerated. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
If a community member engages in unacceptable behavior, the community organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including a temporary ban or permanent expulsion from the community without warning (and without refund in the case of a paid event).
If You Witness or Are Subject to Unacceptable Behavior
If you are subject to or witness unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify a community organizer as soon as possible. You can find a list of organizers to contact for each of the supporters of this code of conduct at the bottom of this page. Additionally, community organizers are available to help community members engage with local law enforcement or to otherwise help those experiencing unacceptable behavior feel safe. In the context of in-person events, organizers will also provide escorts as desired by the person experiencing distress.
If you feel you have been falsely or unfairly accused of violating this Code of Conduct, you should notify one of the community organizers with a concise description of your grievance. Your grievance will be handled in accordance with our existing governing policies.
We expect all community participants (contributors, paid or otherwise; sponsors; and other guests) to abide by this Code of Conduct in all community venues—online and in-person—as well as in all one-on-one communications pertaining to community business.
License and attribution
This Code of Conduct is distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0)」.
Also, This code of conduct is based on the following references.
- SuperCollider Code of Conduct https://github.com/supercollider/supercollider/blob/develop/CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md
- Berlin Code of Conduct https://berlincodeofconduct.org/ja/
- Contributers Covenant https://www.contributor-covenant.org/ja/version/1/4/code-of-conduct/
- School for Poetic Computation Code of Conduct https://github.com/SFPC/codeofconduct
- Algorave Code of Conduct https://github.com/Algorave/algoraveconduct
Updating this Code of Conduct
Participants of the community should continue considering and discussing whether the code of conduct is appropriate for the current community. As necessary, update this code of conduct so that the community becomes better.
- 2021/1/17 first version - mainly written by Tomoya Matsuura(@tomoyanonymous).
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.